SpawnKill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Discussions

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ST4RSCR34M
ST4RSCR34M

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009   Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 11:11 pm

Trophies are rather new for the PS3 audience. In fact, only one game on the market right now supports them. But, will things change in the future? The answer looks to be "yes." First party titles are all required to have Trophy support, but in 2009, all Trophies may become "mandated." One major developer told Joystiq that Sony may require Trophies in all third party games.

In addition, Trophies may be required to be different from Xbox 360 Achievements. "We've heard some things that make it sound like we will have to do some unique to PS3 Trophies ... this is all very new to us." It won't be long until more games release, and gamers flock to get the highest PlayStation Level possible.

-PS3fanboy.com
Back to top Go down
xFRIGx
Lost Vikings
xFRIGx

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009   Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:54 am

Should have been mandatory when the system was first released. To be honest, PlayStation's trophy system isn't really selling me so I could care less. Not to get all fan boyish, I really don't like what Microsoft is doing either.
Back to top Go down
ST4RSCR34M
ST4RSCR34M

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009   Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:24 pm

Well understandably Sony didn't push the acknowledgments/trophies when it first came out because they wanted everything ready on the day they said it was going to be released. Personally I find the PS3's trophy system much better that the 360's achievement system because with the achievements it's here it says to did this and you got some points. Meh nice that everything has it but the PS3 has a better way of showing it, it's you did this here's a trophy to show of and here's exp for you to level. And trying to level is always funner that having just a lot of points that do nothing. And seeing how remarkable that reward system is the 360 is now adding medals. Is it a selling point? It depends who you're asking.

I know you were saying how it isn't for you but you gotta look at the facts and see that Sony and produce fresh ideas and Microsoft and ride their coattails making similar things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009   Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Trophies may become mandatory in 2009
Page 1 of 1