SpawnKill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Discussions

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ST4RSCR34M
ST4RSCR34M

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-07-11

A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming Empty
PostSubject: A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming   A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:17 pm

POSITIVES
- Got rid of the fixed angles making the gameplay smoother
- New controls making it easier to access weapons and items
- Fun new fighting/dodging system
- Interesting cast of creatures
- Challenging fights

NEGATIVES
- Missing sounds/animations
- Poor effects (water)
- Predictability
- Unchallenging puzzles
- Dull story
- Non-compelling cast of characters
- Little to no replay value

OVERALL
I give this game a 7.8 out of 10.

Last edited by ST4RSCR34M on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SilentLink7
SilentLink7

Male
Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming   A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:59 pm

I have already unlocked everything, and only beaten the game three times. I am shocked by your review because you were bragging about how awesome it was at school, but it looks like you went really deep for the review. Surprisingly I rated mine higher. I thought you would go crazy and rate it like a 9/10.
Back to top Go down
ST4RSCR34M
ST4RSCR34M

Male
Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming   A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:20 pm

As I've told people I love the game, I really do but it doesn't feel like Silent Hill to me. Sadly I feel that the Survival Horror have seen it's untimely end. Even Resident Evil is going towards the Action-Horror shooter and lost focus of why they're so popular, they just want to move more copies so they take out the survival part because today's gamers bitch and moan that it's too hard and it isn't action pack like First Person Shooters because gosh why would you ever want to use your head? All today's gamers care about are games that doesn't take much much thought and when they do and the story isn't clear from the very beginning they say it sucks because it makes no sense and God forbid they actually play through the game. Today's gamers aren't real gamers at all, fuck when I was young I played Megaman and Metroid, games that were hard as hell and there were no walkthroughs to look up were either had to figure it out ourselves or see if a friend new what the hell to do. Fuck the gamers of today because it's people like them that make amazing series like Silent Hill and Resident Evil dumb their games down because stupid assholes can't figure out a fucking puzzle or can't run around with a full automatic weapon, It's called SURVIVAL-Horror assholes, or at least it was.

I have no hope for Dead Space or Resident Evil. I love Resident Evil, it's my favorite game series of all time and I'm not saying that I'm not going to buy or even enjoy but it's not Survival-Horror because Survival-Horror died when they released Resident Evil 4, once again an amazing game but it lost focus of why it was so popular, zombies and survival. And also making shit pop out doesn't make the game under the Horror genre something I think the developers of Homecoming didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming   A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Short Review: Silent Hill Homecoming
Page 1 of 1