SpawnKill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Discussions

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
R3D5QU4R3
Admin
R3D5QU4R3

Male
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games Empty
PostSubject: Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games   Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:56 pm

Blizzard's plan to introduce achievements in the World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King expansion is only the tip of the iceberg. The company plans on expanding the system to include upcoming games like Diablo III and StarCraft II, creating a Blizzard Level system tied to a single, universal Blizzard account. WoW designer Jeff Kaplan explains.

“Your ‘WoW’ score would be just one factor that will go into your Blizzard Level. And rather than call it a ’score,’ we just wanted it to be like you’re leveling up on Blizzard games… You’ll have this Blizzard identity, and you’ll be able to see things like ‘Oh, this guy was great at Diablo III, but he never played Starcraft and he was mediocre in WoW. That sort of thing.”

It's an interesting system from a community standpoint, but simply brilliant from a sales point-of-view. We already know the gamer score thing helps move crappy 360 games. A WoW gamer who isn't a big RTS fan might have skipped out on StarCraft II, but if it were tied into an overall Blizzard level system? Fantastic.
Back to top Go down
https://spawnkill.forumotion.com
Mump
Lost Vikings
Mump

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games   Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Achievements are alright, but they usually take away from the game as people will stop trying to gear/ progress and instead do lame things like discover so much of the area to get an easy achievement. It may end up the same as Xbox's did where someone may have 30000 points and think they're sick, but then they have a million games like Kameo, NFL, Avatar, Fight Night, CSI etc where all achievements can be done in a night and you don't need any real skill.
Get 75% or more of the orange box achievements sir, then we'll talk =P

Hahaha, anyways, it's not a bad idea, but people are going to abuse them the same way.
Like, clear Karazhan 30pts, oh but you never got the key -50 dumbass. xD
That's how it should be =)

BRING BACK ATTUNEMENTS BLIZZARD.
Back to top Go down
xFRIGx
Lost Vikings
xFRIGx

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games   Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 4:16 am

Red if you wrote that message yourself then I will have to give you a tip of the hat for such a fantastic pun that was used there 'Frozen throne is the tip of the iceburg' he says. Regardless, Mump you need to 'chill'. There is a new gamer demographic, the old World of Warcraft needed to be killed off. Attunements made sense in terms of getting the proper gear in order to be properly prepared for the dungeons however, for someone like me, and I would hope you. I tend to like hanging with my real friends outside of games. Don't get me wrong I understand that this is a gaming website; just give me a minute I am getting to it. You see, most sain people over the age of 15, do not tend to enjoy sitting in front of the computer screen for multiple hours of tedious grind meyhem. I can appreciate the lore of the series and the style of the series but this is not enough for me to have the urge to sit there all day, or all weekend doing the same things for an 'Endgame' that really isnt any different from the regular game you simply get cooler looking armor that can help you to fight a boss in a similar fashion to the others only more people and a couple of tricks up the sleeve of everyone to help it move quicker or avoid damage. Other then that its the same thing over and over. But I digress. The purpose of this message was achievments. Achievments do not take away from the game there are games such as the orange box, that are challanging but rather tedious and uninteresting. If I am exploring all the land because I am interested in the work that it would have taken for every single plot of land to be coded and animated. That just interests me artisticly anyway. I really would like some recognition for my interest and curiousity in all of the generally overlooked nooks and cranney's. Needless to say, the game isn't just going to contain simple things like that I am sure that a lot of them will play into multiplayer as well. Excuse me PvP. Getting a certain amount of honor, getting a certain reputation with a paticular faction. These would be challenging, and having become exalted with a few factions I can say that it is damn hard, and worthy of a little pat on the back.
All I am trying to say, is to stop the hate on WoW, because it's not like the lonley sit in your basement rot away in a hole boring grind similar structure game that you are used to.
And mump ps. I pretty much have 75% of the achievments I think im at the very least 72%. It's not hard, just takes the patience of doing things such as carrying a fucking gnome around that is impossible to keep in the vehicle that you take through 3/4 of the game, extending the quick paced and fun game of about 4 hours to about a slowly progressing drawling nightmare of tedious repetitiveness, of about 6 or 7 hours, gauging how quickly you can lodge the thing in the car and drive for before having to repeat. Or how many times you step on the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games   Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blizzard Plans Achievements Across All Games
Page 1 of 1