SpawnKill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game Discussions

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

E3 a dying trade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xFRIGx
Lost Vikings
xFRIGx

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-16

E3 a dying trade Empty
PostSubject: E3 a dying trade   E3 a dying trade Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:35 pm

I have recently watched all of the E3 press conferences and I have to say that we are slowly dwindling away from what gaming is. Microsoft and Sony were by far the best of them with nintendo almost measuring up to 'Joke' status. However there is still some E3 to come and I have hope. Microsoft introduced the new dashboard and I do not think that it really needed it. Yes its chuggy and at times a pain in the ol' behind however, in the end I do not want my gameing console becoming a kid friendly everyman console. I am a hardcore gamer and thats what it is about. Not to say that casual gamers shouldn't be adressed but I do believe that it should appeal more to the hardcore audience, we are the ones that made and supported this business we should be the ones they are aiming for. Overall the press conference was sloppy and most of the stuff they introduced near the end I had little interest in. Fallout 3 great I really want that game gears 2 sure also awsome. But I really could give less two shits about some singing game. Now Sony, if I had to call a best conference vote I would say sony pulled it off, only because Microsoft dwindled at the end with uninteresting information. Sony had a clever presentation that was big and stuffed with info whilst simultaniously offering this entertaining medium of putting said information across, namely the Little Big Planet fiscal presentation. It was cutsey and was informative. Though sony fell into the deep dark pit of not revealing that many great games. Though they fell into this hole they were able to grip the edge and pull there self out with the avoiding my biggest pet peave that really plagued the Nintendo conference. Which was the 'Oh here I come knock knock BAM really terrible joke and wait for response before talking' jokes. They were succinct which was appreciated. However I am having trouble listening to a podcast about the other conferences from capcom and EA at the same time as ranting so I will leave it to you. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ST4RSCR34M
ST4RSCR34M

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-07-11

E3 a dying trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 a dying trade   E3 a dying trade Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Dying trade? I hardly think so. Yeah they were all somewhat disappointing but at the same time I was blown away by some stuff. Microsoft when they went up they took the time to show everyone the games. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't blown away by Gears 2 and fable 2. But on the down side they only had 4 games for the hardcore gamer and the rest were casual gamer crap. I for one don't give two craps if Lips sells more than Singstar. And also the Dashboard is alright I guess, not really that that necessary and the avatars...holy crap I never laughed so hard.

Nintendo's conference which everyone seems to dump on I think wasn't too bad. They defiantly showed what Nintendo does best and that's show fun and interesting games that everyone can enjoy and get a laugh out of. Unlike most I think Wii Music or whatever it's called looks fun and playign with your friends could bring a laugh so why do people shit all over the idea? Of course the problem was they didn't show much and they had nothing for the hardcore gamer. I really thought they were going to show something from Mad world.

Sony's conference was bad ass. They showed some big games that will no doubt bring on the competition and also some cool ideas with the PSN. My only complaint is they had the games but they really didn't show much. we got a cool idea from the Little Big Planet presentation and the Resistance 2 game play video gave us a good idea but they didn't show as much as the Microsoft conference. Also they didn't show much of Killzone 2 with is a odd move. But also I have to give props for MAG. 256 people is no easy task and they squad set up is really cool.

If I had to pick a loser though it'd be Nintendo. as much as I thought they had cool games the old lady did a crappy job and were jokes if you can call them that, sucked. I really don't care about the 3rd party conferences because I saw what I wanted.
Back to top Go down
xFRIGx
Lost Vikings
xFRIGx

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-16

E3 a dying trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 a dying trade   E3 a dying trade Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:20 am

Dying trade might be a little harsh, however I stick with what I said. The presentations were disorganized and unentertaining, up until sony. Really 'save the best for last' must be true.

But I digress.

MAG looks cool, but really pissed me off was the X-Box Dashboard change. Really I like it as it is, it has problems but nothing is perfect. Avatars are a rediculous Idea, I want my pictures, but with the avatars around I assume it will be encouraged to use them rather then a pic, if even given the opportunity to use regular pics at all. I just feel that I dont have a motivation to relearn the in's and out's of my system again. Its simple and intuitive right now. I dont want to invite everyone to a 'Room' where it is us alone chatting. One unfourtunate thing is multi person private chat will possibly cause something such as I have 5 people in my 'room' chatting. We enter a Cod 4 match BUT there is one guy alone thats not able to chat with us. I hope you can seemlessly move in and out of this 'Room' through the In game blade or new hud thingy that has replaced it. Whatever thats beside the point. I was not impressed however... the game demos I watched on G4TV were absolutly phenomonal I really was not unimmpressed with anything.
Back to top Go down
ST4RSCR34M
ST4RSCR34M

Male
Number of posts : 55

E3 a dying trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 a dying trade   E3 a dying trade Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:58 am

Well yeah I can agree with that. Microsoft and Nintendo failed to bring the thunder and made some ballsie moves but so did Sony. When they started to show the line up for the PS2 I think they took a giant chance. But with that I also thought it was amazing how for a old gen system they had some solid titles. I loved the first Yakuza and I have nothing but high hopes for the second one.

Back on topic. I can see where you're coming from on the dashboard thing. I guess the reasons they doing it because a lot of people bitched about the blades and also I guess they want a really next gen feel to their interface. Whatever I don't think any of the stuff they're doing to XBL is really necessary but welcome to the world of the next gen consoles.
Back to top Go down
SilentLink7
SilentLink7

Male
Number of posts : 27

E3 a dying trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 a dying trade   E3 a dying trade Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 2:13 am

Microsoft's was kind of a joke, now it seems like they're trying to copy Nintendo since they're the ones making big money. Like the whole were for "Everyone" Then they bring out Mii's - err - I mean "Advators" and bring a whole party mode were you and your friends can share pictures, music, and join a game with that group, oh wait! a second that sounds almost like PSHome? What the hell! damn it Microsoft, you disappointed me. The only exclusive i liked there was Gears of War 2, which isn't even an amazing game, its great but I wouldn't buy a 360 just for that. I don't like Fable, so Fable 2 didn't grab my attention. This years E3 I would have to say that Microsoft's was the worst. Sony made a great come back, last years E3 Sony and Nintendo's were bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

E3 a dying trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 a dying trade   E3 a dying trade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E3 a dying trade
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SpawnKill :: General Gaming-
Jump to: